Plastics Industry Information Hub
MAPP is the information and benchmarking hub for plastics processors. Each year, MAPP releases 10-12 benchmarking reports and best practice handbooks to its membership. The data from these initiatives provide details to plastics industry leaders on:
- Salary and compensation trends
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Financial benchmarks
- Health and benefits packages
- Machine rates
- Mold and machine maintenance
- Value-added engineering services
- Information systems management
- Various checklist compilations, such as program launch, vacation policies, attendance policies, performance appraisals, etc.
Each benchmarking initiative is driven by the input, ideas and recommendations of the MAPP membership.* Questions for annual surveys are updated each year to remain relevant and valuable. All information collected is kept confidential, data is aggregated and reporting is based upon demographic similarities.
*Recommend a benchmarking topic or initiative here.
View Available Reports
Benchmarking Participation Benefits
- MAPP members who complete the surveys receive the results earlier and at no cost
- Non-MAPP members who complete the surveys receive the results at a discounted rate
- Some reports offer the opportunity for individual participation comparisons, so leaders can compare their business to the rest of the industry
- All final survey results are published and available for purchase
Current and Upcoming Benchmarking Studies
MAPP's benchmarking team creates dynamic plans, which allow for the addition of benchmarking initiatives to be added and included throughout the year. Below is a brief look at current and upcoming reports. 2020 Benchmarking Plans will be released in December 2019.
The Information Systems Management Survey
Information Systems Management Survey is seeking to dive into trends, strategies and plans for IT in the plastics manufacturing industry. This study looks at IT strategy, overall investments, plans, software, hardware, ERP systems, cloud usage, cybersecurity and future planning.
This study recently closed. The final report is available for purchase and download here.
2020 State of the Plastics Industry Study
The 2020 State of the Plastics Industry Study examines critical trends inside plastics organizations across the United States. Data collected within this study relates to high-level company strategies, such as sales, profits, off-shoring, resin pricing, backlog, lead times, market outlook, technology, customer demographics and industry challenges.The final report is now available for purchase here.
2020 Company Corrective Action Plans
Generated by MAPP members, this new study seeks to understand processes and best practices as it relates to organizations' corrective action plans. From responsibility to financial and time investments, this survey will delve into the various aspects of developing and properly executing corrective action plans.
This study will open in late February.
Recently Published Reports
The following reports and surveys have been completed and published in the last twelve months. These reports are available for purchase here.
- 2019 State of the Plastics Industry Report
- 2019 KPI Boards - Examples from Plastics Processors
- 2019 Health and Benefits Report
- 2019 Performance Appraisals and Samples
- 2019 Plastics Industry Machine Rate
- 2019 North American Plastics Industry Study
- 2019 Plastic Companies Vacation Policies
- 2019 Program Launch Checklists
- 2019 Wage and Salary Report
- 2019 Information Systems Management Report
Annual & Biennial Reports
MAPP publishes unique, timely and relevant content, which often varies from year to year. However, some data and business information is critical and requires annual or bi-annual reporting. Below are the surveys that MAPP conducts on a regular basis to provide members with the more up-to-date data available:
The State of the Plastics Industry Study examines critical trends inside plastics organizations across the United States. Data collected within this study relates to high-level company strategies, such as sales, profits, off-shoring, resin pricing, backlog, lead times, market outlook, technology, customer demographics and industry challenges.
The Wage and Salary Report includes comprehensive wage and salary data from over 200 plastics processors across the United States. Data includes compensation information on nearly 60 job titles common in the plastics industry, with breakdowns based on annual sales revenue and geographic locations, as well as operational trends, such as PTO and benefits.
This report includes input from plastics and rubber processing companies across the United States, and covers trends in health insurance; vision, dental and life insurance; as well as retirement and other benefits currently being offered by manufacturers.
The report is available to survey participants and MAPP members only. The Machine Rate Report for injection molders includes inputs from hundreds of plastics industry executives in regard to their machine rates. This year's report includes updated and new data, including:
- Breakdowns by region, industry and business activity
- New, narrower machine tonnage ranges
- Percent markups for SGA, scrap rate, assembly, components, packaging and automated cells
- Discount or markup rates for high- and low-volume parts and overall complexity
- Specific benchmarking for cleanroom manufacturing
The North American Plastics Industry Benchmarking Survey conducted by Plante and Moran discusses the current trends and practices within the plastics industry. This report has been designed to include additional insights and perspectives that can help business leaders gain more value. Data from this study include return on sales, return on assets, sales growth, on-time delivery performance, PPM, resin complexity levels, balance sheets, organizational deployment, cash flow, and more.