The YP Mentorship Program is live! We are still accepting applications for both potential mentors and mentees. Learn more and apply below. You will be paired as soon as a solid match is found.
Check out the welcome packets!
- To provide young professionals in the Plastics Industry the opportunity to mentor with an experienced industry professional for direct guidance on their career.
- To gain visibility and exposure within the Plastics Industry
- Improve current job skills and knowledge
- Have access to an individual who can serve as a sounding board for career development
- To improve communication skills with young professionals
- Pass knowledge and information to the next generation of leaders
- Gain insight on frustrations, ideas, and issues that young professionals may face
- To prepare thoughtful questions
- Be ready to discuss real challenges on your path
- Listen carefully and report back on progress
- Meet at least quarterly
- Application for both mentor and mentee - Includes interests, expectations, and preferences
- Once a match has been determined, MAPP will facilitate introductions via email
- MAPP will provide suggested topics to start the conversation
- Each quarter, a MAPP team member will follow up with each mentorship pair for feedback via survey
- One-year commitment with minimum quarterly 60-minute call or meeting
- Potential for in-person meetings at MAPP conference and other events
- Mentor/Mentee will have the opportunity to complete surveys during their time paired
- Help provide MAPP YP Committee with an understanding of the program successes and improvement opportunities