Position Summary: This position will supervise, train, and coordinate activities of employees in the Injection Molding Department. To start up, processing of Injection molding machines, along with insuring quality and production standards are achieved and maintained. Oversee, train, and motivate hourly employees. Responsible for staffing all shifts. Maintain and ensure safety procedures are followed as well as enforce company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for start up and shut down of plant.
* Provide detailed information via shift to shift hand off with oncoming supervisor.
* Execute daily production priorities.
* Supervise employees; including training, assigning daily work, monitoring employees & continuous follow up.
* Implement 5s and lean manufacturing methods to improve plant organization and efficiency
* Follows all plant safety rules
* Manage/adjust production personnel scheduled as needed to ensure on time completion of quality products.
* Investigate root cause of severe process shifts, taking appropriate corrective action to bring process back
* Start-up of jobs as required in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoot and evaluate injection molding and assembly processes and make the necessary adjustments to
ensure prescribed quality and production standards are achieved and maintained.
* Ensure all paperwork is completed, providing timely, detailed information in end of shift note to other
supervisors, managers and departments.
* Enter all production, scrap, and downtime, in File Maker at the end of the shift.
* Manage file maker so it reflects what tools are staged, completed, and running at all times.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures (i.e., safety policy, quality policy manual, associate handbook,
lock out/tag out, etc.)
* Maintain attendance online for employee absences, vacation request, and time off.
* Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures.
* Ensure Hi-Lo inspection checklist is filled out before each shift by the Material Handlers.
* Maintain high standards of housekeeping in all areas of the facility.
* Maintain equipment permits for self and material handlers ensuring they are current and in compliance with
* Inform the mold setter of molding issues that have to be addressed when the tool is removed from the press.
(Written up on red tag if repair is needed, and noted in File Maker).
* Assist in maintaining an 85% efficiency rate of the Injection Department.
We offer a very competitive benefit package and welcome you to visit our website for a brief introduction to Poly Flex Products, Inc.
Have a wonderful day!
MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 post • Page 1 of 1