MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Credit Check on Customers

allplastics

Credit Check on Customers

Post by allplastics » Thu May 16, 2019 9:24 am

Hi everyone,

Looking to see how many of you use dun & bradstreet for checking customers credit information.
Or if you know of any other decision making tools to approve customer credit limits.
Thank you
Griselda

hollysawyer

Re: Credit Check on Customers

Post by hollysawyer » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello, we are using www.creditsafe.com. They are a lot less expensive than D&B. Of course, the trade-off is that there is not as much data. However, I can usually get useful information and as the company grows, there is more data available. We pay $850 per year and have unlimited reports and queries.

EngineeredProfilesLLC

Post by EngineeredProfilesLLC » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am

We started using Credit Safe a year or two ago as well after using D&B. Our experience is similar in that there is a little less information available, but we thought there was enough there to switch over due to the lower price. Our AR Manager commented that for a snap shot at a point in time it works well, however for continuous monitoring it is not as good as D&B as the metrics aren't quite as good and they seem to bounce around a little more. But overall we have been happy and have continued to renew.

mebord576

Post by mebord576 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:35 am

We haven't used D&B in years. My personal opinion is that they are a joke and the only info they get is what people feed them. Commenting to our banks my opinion has usually received similar comments that there are better choices.

jimeberle

Post by jimeberle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm

We ask for and check trade references. If they refuse to provide, we make them stay cash positive until they have established history with us.