MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Tool Shop (as supplier) Scorecard

Team1MAPP

Tool Shop (as supplier) Scorecard

Post by Team1MAPP » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:11 am

Hello MAPP members,

We are looking for ideas and examples of a toolshop "scorecard" that is used to "score" toolshops (moldmaking) suppliers for the molding industry. In general I am told by most toolshops they do not receive much feedback if any from their customers, we provide great feedback to our supply base from a cost/timing (competitive) stand point but want to put together a scorecard that can be provided to our supply base monthly, quarterly, annually that would outline why toolshops are great suppliers to us and will continue to awarded business versus why other toolshops are not so good suppliers to us and will need to improve in "X" areas to win or continue winning business and/or will not receive any further business. There are many other factors to sourcing other than just cost and timing, ex. customer service, communication, updates, meeting deadlines etc.

If anyone has such a scorecard and can share we would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Dave Seedorf
Engineering Manager
Team 1 Plastics, Inc.
Main: 517-629-2178 ext. 220
Direct: 517-584-8020
Fax: 206-339-3586

jkrause1

Re: Tool Shop (as supplier) Scorecard

Post by jkrause1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello Dave,

We recently instituted a tooling source qualification standard. So far we are only using it internally as part of our tooling source grading system. Eventually hope to turn this into an external scorecard type of system to send out periodically.

If you would like to discuss in more detail, feel free to give me a call.

Jim
Microplastics, Inc
630-513-2906

vitalplastics

Re: Tool Shop (as supplier) Scorecard

Post by vitalplastics » Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Dave - We recently instituted a tooling score card that we are sending our vendors after their tools are received, evaluated, and sampled. I would be happy to go over it with you and share it if you are interested. My contact info is below.

I am also in the process of trying to develop a self assessment form to provide to tool shops in order to qualify them as a supplier. Do either of you have anything along those lines that you have come up with? Obviously we would like to visit the shops and see them first hand, but in some cases that may not be feasible and some type of evaluation form would be helpful for that. We use a similar form for our other component suppliers and materials suppliers, but it is proving to be difficult to customize it for tooling specifically so I am looking for ideas. Thanks!

Jack Pollitt
Engineering Manager
Vital Plastics, Inc.
jack.pollitt@vitalplastics.com
715-688-8331 Direct