Hoffer Plastics - Quality Technician
Hoffer Plastics is currently accepting applications for 2nd shift Quality Technician. The Quality Technician
Technician is responsible for planning and performing layout inspection on sample pieces/assemblies and molded parts from new, revised and repaired molds and tooling. The ideal candidate will perform dimensional layout inspection of prototype and production parts. Performs GR&R studies and capability studies to support the PPAP process.
Hoffer Plastics, family owned and operated since 1953, is an innovative custom injection molding company
with a global presence. We employ 380 team members within our 365,000 square-foot facility in South Elgin, IL. Hoffer has pioneered numerous product innovations including the Trust-T-Lok line of safety closures for flexible pouch packages. These environmentally friendly products will be found on baby food pouches that prevent choking hazards. Our custom molded products will also be found on lawn mowers and auto engines. Hoffer Plastics’ is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with air conditioned/climate controlled environment. Hoffer also supports the community around us. Through the Hoffer Foundation, we have raised millions of dollars for local charities, organizations and families in need. For additional information regarding our Hoffer Plastics, please visit us at www.HofferPlastics.com
• Complete 100% dimensional layouts for customer approval.
• Complete as needed, 1st piece inspections on repaired tooling.
• Follow internal and customer specific instructions for Part Approval submissions and 1st piece inspections including conformity to inspection plans and customer / engineering specifications.
• Work from complicated drawings, tables, and samples.
• Use precision measuring equipment, such as, micrometers, comparators, height gages, gage blocks, hardness testers and special test equipment.
• Be proficient in the use of programmable contact and vision CMM’s.
• Create approval submission files, record inspection and test data, furnish engineering copy of results, maintain department records and files.
• Provide back up support in performing receiving inspection and lab testing as needed.
Hoffer Plastics Offers:
• Paid training, opportunities for career advancement and completion bonuses.
• Medical, Dental and Vision
• Paid Vacation and holiday
• 401k with company match
• Paid lunches and breaks
• Overtime is available
• Minimum educational requirement: High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
• Two years related experience and/or training including First Pieces, Layout inspection procedures and use of precision measuring equipment, including contact / non-contact CMM’s
• Working knowledge of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheet/database software is preferred.
• Knowledge of AIAG PPAP requirements and competency in use and understanding of AIAG PPAP and applicable APQP requirements for part submission.
• Plastic injection molding experience preferred.
Hoffer Plastics is seeking career-minded individuals to support our ongoing growth. We are committed to developing your skillsets and career as we maintain an environment of “Promote from within”. For consideration please forward resume to email@example.com
MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 post • Page 1 of 1