Director of Manufacturing & Operations
Why Work for Magenta?
• We’ve been in this business for 49 years, so you have a firm foundation to build your career.
• Family owned business, that’s also Women Business Entrepreneur certified
• We value our people and our customers first!
The ideal candidate for this role will be an analytical problem solver, assertive self-starter, future oriented, conceptual thinker who sets high standards for themselves and others, entrepreneurial spirit, proactive, tenacious, assertive, competitive, take charge leader, comfortable making risks, and has the ability to drive projects promoting a lean culture while advancing our ISO/SQF quality initiatives. If these qualities resonate with you, please submit your application.
This position is responsible for managing and driving results for all areas of manufacturing operations in support of safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost/productivity targets (S.Q.D.C.) within a plastic injection molding facility. This specifically includes working with the management team to implement process improvements and lean manufacturing models to grow our culture of associate engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide effective leadership, motivation, support and direction to manufacturing operations regarding the corporate vision dedicated to safety, quality, customer service and flexibility.
• Responsible for production operations including Safety, Quality, Waste, Productivity, Maintenance, Customer Service, Planning and Shipping.
• Effectively delegate tasks to Managers/Supervisors within the plant under his/her control to achieve desired results in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (S.Q.D.C.).
• Create, foster and maintain a work environment where equality, fairness and non-discriminatory practices are consistently maintained.
• Direct/Lead the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment eliminating hazards, training employees and promoting safety awareness.
• Prioritize and drive adherence to all quality certifications (ISO, SQF, etc.)
• Develop, communicate and monitor key operational metrics (KPI’s) in line with corporate objections, including Safety, OEE, Employee Turnover, Labor Efficiencies, PPM and Customer Complaints. Utilize Visual Daily Management tools where appropriate.
• Continually improve operational performance by seeking new methods, procedures, processes and materials.
• Lead the development and implementation of processes to ensure effective utilization, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in manufacturing to maximize capacity and manage overtime, for cost and employee relations, while ensuring on-time delivery to customers.
• Partner with departmental personnel to institute and maintain a quality assurance and improvement strategy with emphasis on improving material and process quality in order to reduce/eliminate material overruns, re-runs, rejects and scrap.
• Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly efficiency goals with a focus on increasing operating profit margins. Maximize production processes to minimize costs.
• Interface with both Sales & Marketing, Engineering & Program Management to ensure flawless new program launches, on time and on budget, to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Lead weekly cost control meetings and create forecasts that closely mirror actual end of month results.
• Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer and lead detailed monthly P&L and Balance Sheet review meetings with the team for communication, understanding and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Institute and maintain efficient employment of Human Resources, including proper treatment, performance reviews, ensure correct salary/wage administration, hiring, training, promotion, discipline and/or treatment consistent with corporate policies.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field preferred.
• Post-graduate training or degree in Management preferred.
Previous Work Experience
• Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively-increased operations responsibility and experience within a plastic injection molding manufacturing company required.
• 5+ years of experience leading teams, defining the objectives, and achieving results.
• Will have led the operations of a manufacturing site or significant operation within the facility.
• Previous Plant/Operations daily management, process development and organizational development experience in a Lean Operations environment required.
• Possess a strong business, financial, process and results-driven.
• Lockport, IL
• Applicants must possess the authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship for a work permit is not available for this position.
• Attractive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K, holiday and vacation benefits.
If interested, please complete the application & submit your cover letter & resume at: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/2ydRb4BZp9
ABOUT MAGENTA LLC
Established in 1969, MAGENTA LLC is a family-owned provider of injection-molded products, assemblies and packaging solutions to partners who value our dedication, certifications and diverse market experience. MAGENTA’s markets include, but are not limited to, Food and Beverage, Household Products, Healthcare/Medical, Personal Care Products, Pharmaceutical and Car Care Products. Our custom and stock products are proudly Made in America, from our recently-renovated headquarters just outside of Chicago, in Lockport, IL. MAGENTA is the only plastic injection molding company in the country that is both certified as Woman-Owned (WBENC) and has obtained SQF certification.
MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
1 post • Page 1 of 1