MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Customer Owned Molds: Procedure

NortheastUSAMolding

Customer Owned Molds: Procedure

Post by NortheastUSAMolding » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi does anyone have a written procedure for Customer Owned Molds/Tools. We are looking to create one in order to define the grey area in regards to repairs & who's expense as well as any other issues that may arise. To give you some context, our business has now started to mold custom products and not just our proprietary line. Thank you.

jimeberle

Re: Customer Owned Molds: Procedure

Post by jimeberle » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:44 pm

We don't have a written policy, but in general we charge the customers for "normal wear and tear." If it's a new tool they commission with us, we will set a minimum shot warranty. Outside of warranty, they pay (unless we did something wrong) - inside warranty, we pay. We flow that warranty down to the mold maker (we don't build molds in-house). We are very careful about transfer tooling since we have no knowledge/influence over the design, construction, and use of the mold prior to getting to us.

I hope this helps.

polymer18

Post by polymer18 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:47 pm

NortheastUSAMolding wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Hi does anyone have a written procedure for Customer Owned Molds/Tools. We are looking to create one in order to define the grey area in regards to repairs & who's expense as well as any other issues that may arise. To give you some context, our business has now started to mold custom products and not just our proprietary line. Thank you.
I have a document that was written by my lawyer. Shoot me an email Tyson@polymercontours.com

anderson

Post by anderson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Could I get a copy of that as well?
Thank you,
Glenn Anderson
Anderson Technologies
glenn@andtec.com

NortheastUSAMolding

Post by NortheastUSAMolding » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Tyson thank you for the offer. I will email you now.

Best,
Alex Krauss
American Cord & Webbing
ACW1.com
Advantage Plastic Products
38 Henniker Street,
Concord, NH 03301

DaFunkyFrog

Post by DaFunkyFrog » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 pm

NortheastUSAMolding wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 pm
May we also have a copy of this procedure?