MAPP members have access to post on the forum and must be logged in to post. Questions? Please contact info@mappinc.com.

Resin Shipping Surcharges

scotttitzer

Resin Shipping Surcharges

Post by scotttitzer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am

How are others accurately capturing the various and new shipping charges so they can appropriately be assigned to each pound of resin? With the "delivery" and "fuel surcharges" being per delivery, this makes assigning it to each pound problematic.

Thanks,
Scott

eriemolded

Re: Resin Shipping Surcharges

Post by eriemolded » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:14 am

It certainly is problematic, and in my opinion a lazy approach to deal with an honest problem. Like I'm sure all processors, we'd rather our vendors change their $/lb cost than force us to do the math on every shipment.

Our approach has been to set standard order sizes and then create a simple spreadsheet that captures the true $/lb cost. We're starting prepare our customer for Q4 price changes.

We've also loudly voiced our displeasure to all of our vendors. Some distributors are telling us that they're looking for a more "customer friendly" solution, but we haven't seen one yet.

brianp@ppind.com

Re: Resin Shipping Surcharges

Post by brianp@ppind.com » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Completely agree and I would recommend pushing back on your vendors to wrap the surcharge into your cost per Lb. We were successful in accomplishing this. To me this is fair and reasonable. Some Risk - If and when the transport costs come back down the cost will have to be negotiated back out of the price per Lb...